Yesterday I was nominated for the beautiful blogger award by Sally Jayne (her blog is at http://sjbwriting.wordpress.com)
I was very touched, not having been nominated for anything like this before :O) Thank you for making me smile.
The rules of the award are that if you accept it you post it on your site, choose (about) 6 people to pass it on to, and then tell ten facts about yourself that others may not know. I have chosen the people who I think deserve the award next. The nomination made me smile and pleased that my blog interests others , so I hope these nominees see it in the same light.
If it seems more like a chore than an award, then I apologise now.
These are the people I am nominating
1. Rachel Selby at http://midlifesinglemum.blogspot.co.uk/ always enjoy reading her take on life’s matters and she regularly contributes to 100WC
2. Alison Green over at http://theotheralig.blogspot.co.uk/ A teacher who blogs – like nearly everyone I follow on twitter, never met her but think she is great
3. Re Harris who writes at https://wordsonehundred.wordpress.com/ and has taken the time on numerous occasions to critique my writing. Her flash fiction pieces are always well worth a read
4. Polly Burns at http://www.caughtwriting.co.uk/ another 100WC writer as well as musings on life and everything
5. Isobel and cat at http://isobelandcat.wordpress.com/ another cat lover whose blog is always great to read
6. Mrs Teepot at http://www.mrsteepot.co.uk/ fab photos and loads of interesting pieces including 100 WC
7. Susan K Mann at http://www.susankmann.com/ love her gothic inspired short stories and her take on life; not sure how she finds the time to write such a fab blog J
I am new to blogging really and don’t blog as regularly as some.
Now for things people don’t know about me-
1. Being a mother is my greatest achievement.
2. I have played the flute since I was 10 and still do every now and then.
3. I taught myself to play the guitar which I love
4. I have always wanted to learn to belly dance- it’s those wonderful costumes!
5. I am allergic to melon – weird but true; makes my throat swell- not pleasant.
6. I really (and I mean REALLY) hate flying ants- not sure why, but I loathe them and will run away (no matter where I am) from them
7. I used to want to be a doctor when I was a little girl. Very glad I changed that to becoming a teacher (but science IS my fave subject)
8. I am a complete coffee snob after being given a nespresso machine- can’t stand instant coffee :P
9. I love a single malt (highland) whiskey, half and half water, with 70% dark chocolate to nibble on at the same time!
10. I am very scared of heights- don’t know why and it seems to be getting worse as I get older; crossing wibbly bridges, going up lighthouses and other tall buildings, really steep steps, walking up steep hills- brings me out n a cold sweat and shakes. So no ascending Everest for me!