Monday 17 June 2013

If at first you don't succeed...

I am  in the process of organising a joint cluster INSET. Very exciting. Just waiting for funding confirmation from the AZSTT.
Have lots of great people lined up to speak, but am really hoping to book Simon Mayo.
I have written to him six times (and counting) and emailed a similar number of times.
I will keep trying and hope that I will get a reply. I am ever the optimist!

Now let's try this way!



Dear Simon,
I have written to you regarding a request to speak at a forthcoming conference involving the ten primary schools in our area and the secondary school.
I am a member of the AZSTT (Astra Zeneca Science Teacher Trust) and am presently putting together a bid to secure funding for exciting curriculum development plans for the 2014-15 academic year.
To start the year off I am planning an INSET for all involved and would be delighted if you could consider being one of our key speakers.
I am also an ASE member but am unable to make the conference later this month where you are speaking.
I know you are a very busy man, but would be very grateful if you could spare a moment to let me know if you would consider this.
I can provide you with any further information that you need and remain hopeful to hear back from you. I am about to post another letter to you also so I hope that somehow a message makes its way past the people who deal with your mail /emails and so on. 
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear back from you.
With kind regards
Mrs Halford

No comments:

Post a Comment