Tuesday 21 February 2012

Oliver's lizard ...the next day (Part 3)

The second part of this story can be found at SJB writing http://sjbwriting.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/olivers-lizard/ It was continued from the start written by her niece. You can read that at http://sjbteachingkids.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/a-day-at-the-zoo/

I loved the idea so much that I couldn't resist continuing it. I've left it open ended...


Oliver had, at least for the time being, managed to keep the lizard’s presence a secret from his parents. After what had happened last time, he had been told that he would NEVER be able to keep a pet again. His protestations of, “It wasn’t my fault!” had fallen on deaf ears.
He gently stroked the lizard’s smooth scaly skin, “Now then lizard, when shall we start?”
Oliver, an enthusiastic “BGT” follower had been wracking his brains to come up with an original idea. His Gran’s magazine had given him the idea. He just knew he was onto a winner,
“Oliver and his amazing problem solving lizard.”
The lizard would soon wish he was back in the confines of the tank.

This article
http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/4513/clever-lizards-surpass-expectations
just had to be used in a prompt somewhere.

I suppose there is a (very) tenuous link to this week’s prompt- flip side...out of the frying pan into the fire... but I just thought it was fun.

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous - I LOVE it! I'm wondering what on earth Oliver did with his last pet...

    I shall add a link to this at the end of my part 2. Don't forget Phoebe started part 1 at http://sjbteachingkids.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/a-day-at-the-zoo/

    I think you should link it in to this week's challenge. (Out of the frying pan sounds like a pancakey enough link to me!)

    This definitely needs a part 4 now! Maybe you and I should write a children's book between us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so pleased that you liked it. You had said that Ian was thinking of writing the next part so apologies if I stole his thunder.
      I have tweaked the title and added in the link to Phoebe's first part- silly me- I had both hers and yours on the screen as I wrote to try to tie them together.
      :D

      Delete
    2. Don't worry about Ian - he's still no had time to think about it. Maybe he'll write part 4!!

      Delete